of Burgers and Beer


I am a blogging machine lately - and still have plenty more to share.

Brandi and I set aside some time tonight for a quick working date. We actually cooked a meal, turned off the TV (even though we have SO much DVR to catch up on), cleaned off the dining room table and SAT there - and talked - and planned - and wrote lists of things we wanted to be and things we wanted to accomplish for OUR business!

YES OUR BUSINESS!

We are going to make some changes in our business model. We should probably start with a business model. Or even a plan on paper. Sometimes I have to laugh, I have been to business school - have two degrees in business and have written countless business plans for other businesses but do not have one for ours. <----------- is that Irony? Doncha think?

Well anyway, we started our lists, bonding over a turkey burger and a packaged falafel. We topped it off with our favorite beer - Yuengling - WHICH is not available in the state of Maine. Go figure. We have to "import" it from the mid-Atlantic region ---- maybe there is even an air of smuggling --- but whatever you call it --- we got it, so if the Yuengling people are out there reading this blog ----- START SHIPPING TO MAINE!!!

Anyway - back to my point - we are going to try to do this more often. I am going to make time this summer between all the weddings, and editing and dog walking, and DVR watching to sit across from my love - eat a burger and drink a beer and talk about our dreams and plans. Best of all - Brandi got to make a list --- actually 2 lists. And she started a list of other lists she needs to make. Yes - my Brandi is a List-er & I love her for that.

Alison Douglass  – (March 26, 2010 at 10:15 AM)  

One of my favorite parts of the day is sitting down to dinner with my husband and kids. As they get older and busier, it gets a little harder, but we make it a priority and usually get to do it 4 or 5 nights a week. Between full time career and fostering my photo business that time is essential.

Keep blogging, I will keep reading and if you guys ever need an outside ear to bounce plans off of, shoot me an email.

Post a Comment

Life is not a race, but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say 'Thank you', 'I love you', and 'Great job' to someone each day. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Take time for yourself - plan for longivity.











  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP