The dispute continues............

We have only lived in this house for not even two years....and I have already painted two rooms....twice. And now I am looking to re-paint a third room.....again.



Brandi usually rolls her eyes at the thought of me re-painting because well....painting sucks! But for some reason I get the desire to change colors often.


So the room we are looking to re-paint is the office. This is going to be a space where we meet with clients, we have big canvas wedding prints displayed here, we have the computer and not much else. My goal is to eventually get a great table to put in the corner where we can have clients sit around with us and talk about their wedding plans. That's my dream.


I have been looking for a Deep rich color - warm and inviting and something that will make the pictures pop. I wanted a hot chocolate color, so I got a lot of chocolate named swatches and on a whim I grabbed the color below too....

WINE BARREL

I love it! Its warm, and rich and redish which matches the area rug we have in here and blends nicely with the next room color which is called Copper Hide - its a warm copperey leathery orangey brown. Love it. So we needed something to go with it nicely and I think Wine Barrel is the perfect companion.


Brandi doesn't like it.

This is what Brandi Picked:

Cornbread. Yellow. Blah.


Plus we already have a yellow room. We don't have a rich winey red room. Perfect for sharing a great glass of wine with two great potential clients while we talk over plans for their amazing wedding while the warm aroma of the Yankee Candle we sitting on the desk smelling great (scent to be determined soon!)


Ok - so you know my pick, and Brandi will probably post a blog soon selling her YELLOW (blah) color and why she doesn't like my yummy warm redish winey brown color.


SO - this is the part where I ask you to choose your favorite color of the two.


(Pick the Wine Barrel)

whitaker imagery  – (April 12, 2010 at 4:39 AM)  

I say as long as the wine barrel is a lot more red than what I am looking at...do it. And then you NEED to get a Scentsy warmer and melt the Mochadoodle brick they sell. It is just amazing! Like fresh coffee beans with a hint of spice. As far as yellow, still love it, so Brandi you need to grab a rich buttery yellow and saturate your bedroom in it. It will make you feel all toasty inside and cause you to wake up full of sunshine:)

Alison Douglass  – (April 12, 2010 at 5:25 AM)  

I need a picture of the room in question to consider this one fairly... But I think three walls cornbread and one accent wall in a close relative of the wine barrel (it is just too pink for my liking, but if it were eithe more brown or orange I think it would work better. Unless you are hanging all black and white photos, you need to be able to have colors that won't clash harshly with your photos!

Suzanne Astbury –   – (April 12, 2010 at 7:38 AM)  

I think that the two colors actually compliment each other ... and if there was a way to use both it would be quite attractive ... perhaps the wine barrel on the walls and the yellow for trim?

Ryan J. Moore Photography  – (April 12, 2010 at 11:18 AM)  

Ok all the red is a lot deeper on the color chip....it does look pink on the blog....I am not into pink. I will work on posting a pic of the room in question as well!

Brandi Stevenson  – (April 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM)  

ok ladies! be on the girl side instead of the Ryan side! Deb- Ryan already repainted our bedroom and it super awesome a purple grey and a light grey on top of a white chair rail... it definitely is my comfy place... justt so you all know... I will win this battle... it will be yellow! :)

Post a Comment

Life is not a race, but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say 'Thank you', 'I love you', and 'Great job' to someone each day. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Take time for yourself - plan for longivity.











  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP