Life in perspective...things to be grateful for

So, you may or may not know but we are Facebook addicts... not just check it a couple of times a day but check it about 25 times a day, check it on our phones, check it on our ipods... down right Facebook addicts to the point we need the 12 step program to help. (I know we have some issues we need to work through) At this point you are probably wondering the moral of the story. Today, I was gently reminded by one of our mutual Facebook friends that there are simple things to be grateful for that I often take for granted. You are probably wondering, what was this friend so grateful for? Her husband, simple as that. He cleared an area in back of their house so that she can do more gardening (one of her passions). As a society we often get so wrapped up in our day to day lives that we don't pay tribute to the people, places and items in our life that make our life special. Here are five of the people, places and things that I am grateful for today.


Ryan John (I have seen this face a thousand times, it's the "oh my goodness, what have I gotten myself into by wanting to marry this woman?")





































Jonah (seriously a face any dog mom would love)


















My home (I know Christmas lights! and yes the picture was taken at Christmas but it is one of our favorite times of the year)
















My little Chevy Malibu








and finally cheese ravioli with sauce (pretty much a staple in this house)










I know these are pretty basic things but sometimes we just need a simple reminder that the little things in life are often the items most overlooked... so I challenge you to post the five things that you are grateful for.

Alison Douglass  – (April 7, 2010 at 6:13 PM)  

1.) my kids. They may drive me crazy but they amaze me, make me laugh and keep me grounded on a regular basis.
2.) My husband. He loves me, odd sense of humor and obsessive tendendies and all.
3.) My LL bean flannel and cotton sheets. My sanctuary is snuggled up with my husband at the end of the day and they make my day complete.
4.) My morning coffee. Don't care about brand, it is just the routine of it I love.
5.) my friends- old new and those yet to be made.
Great post guys!

Anonymous –   – (April 7, 2010 at 8:12 PM)  

You are so right - we often forget to be thankful for the little things that make us "tick" ... I am thankful for 1) My amazing husband who is also my best friend. 2) My kids - who make me smile even when I would rather cry. 3)My sisters - they are always there for me. 4) My animal babies - 5 minutes with them and the weight of the world is gone. 5) Wonderful friends that have offered their support in many ways - a phone call, a hug.. and much more.

whitaker imagery  – (April 8, 2010 at 6:10 PM)  

Ok, before I post my five things I have to share this story... I ran into a great friend yesterday who informed me she's "back on Facebook" now. When she recognized the confused look on my face she informed me she had given it up for Lent! And yes, at 12:01 am on Easter Sunday she logged back in. Hilarious!

Alright, my five things:
1- my kids, duh! Yep, mine drive me to levels of insanity that would drive any normal person to a padded room. Their innocence and innate silliness is their only saving grace:)
2- My darling husband. Yeeeeep, he drives me crazy too, but at the end of the day he is our breadwinner...and my shoulder to cry on...and the one who looks at me like I am insane but still holds out for that extra second to see if I might possibly make any sense. Most times that second is a lost cause, but I still love him to pieces
3- 4 am....read my blogpost and you will totally get it

whitaker imagery  – (April 8, 2010 at 6:14 PM)  

oopss....sorry for the long comments:)but i really gotta finish my last two

4- having photography in my life. I love the flexibility, the creativity and most importantly some of the greatest people this avenue has brought into my life.

5- coffee, my laptop, my camera, my dog, my office, the colors in my kitchen.....ok, there are just a few of my material loves but i am so grateful.

thanks for the challenge:)

Ryan J. Moore Photography  – (April 8, 2010 at 6:49 PM)  

Thanks guys for all your responses! I definitely wouldnt be able to give up Facebook! I definitely have a firm affinity for the Facebook and all of the social interactions that it brings!

Post a Comment

Life is not a race, but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say 'Thank you', 'I love you', and 'Great job' to someone each day. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Take time for yourself - plan for longivity.











  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP