An Engagement Adventure | Jon & Denise | Dedham, Maine

So I thought it was about time that we blogged an ACTUAL post.  We have been doing a lot of Stuff That Makes Us Happy and First Looks -- but no actual posts in a while.

Well its time for a doozy!
Jon & Denise's Engagement Session --- with an adventure as promised.

We started out at the FABULOUS Lucerne Inn, where their wedding will be in a few short weeks. 
Loving the lighting!
Love this tree.  You may see a beautiful wedding dress under this tree in a few weeks time!
I know they are awesome.  Its ok to stare.
From the Lucerne, we went on our adventure.
When we met with Jon and Denise, they mentioned that someone told them about a couple Awesome spots right around the Luceren, so of course Brandi & I were up for it. 
The first one was Sunset Rock.
Should be easy to find right?  A big rock on a hill?
We went to the front desk and asked them where we could find such a rock.  She gave us directions - easy squeezy right?

WRONG!

Yes, I asked for directions, but did not follow them.
The directions included "go to the brown building and then its just a short HIKE from there."
So we parked (I backed into the spot even)
And I spot a steep, promising hill.  Perfect spot for this sunset rock.

WRONG.

We climbed - and I mean CLIMBED.
In fancy Las Vegas shoes and flip flops up this hill, and keep following the path thinking that it was going to lead us to this amazing view.
We have been hiking for maybe 15 minutes now.  Dripping with sweat, swatting bugs, still in fancy Las Vegas shoes and Flip Flops.

Finally we give up.  We head back to the car.  And if you think that hill was easier to climb down then it was to climb up ----- you are sadly mistaken. We get to the cars, and look left....through the trees....


and see Sunset Rock - in all it's glory - 10 yards from my perfectly parked truck.
OY!

But what a view!
Did I mention the view?
View anyone?
Needless to say - as beautiful as this view is, I don't think we will be getting a wedding dress up here!

The next spot we went to was another spot that Denise & Jon told us about, and I was in LOVE before we even got there.

Train Tracks.
YES!
I am sooooooooooo in love with this spot.

I think this one is one of my favorites.  Love love love the track, and the spike.
Jon was giving us a bit of a history lesson about the tracks, and also about what the nails in the boards mean.  Apparently when the inspectors would travel the tracks, the would drive a nail in every once in a while to show they had been there, and that nail or spike had a date imprinted on the top of it.  I guess that with the abandoned tracks, you walk them and collect the nails now. 

He mentioned that he has one from back in the 20's

....I'm hoping I didn't just incriminate anyone...



I am so happy to be blogging a post!
I am also so happy to have two great new spots to bring clients for their sessions.
Keep checking back for more updates....and to see the wedding in just a few short weeks!!

Kari Cross –   – (July 27, 2010 at 5:27 PM)  

Oh my gosh! Love the story, love the shots, LOVE the tracks!! Awesome job guys!!

Anonymous –   – (July 27, 2010 at 6:32 PM)  

Absolutely LOVE your blogs! I can so hear you and Brandi every time! What a fabulous view and enjoyed the story behind the spikes - hmmm I like history anyways -
~ Roberta

Denise –   – (July 30, 2010 at 5:06 AM)  

I love these so much and can't even wait to see what our wedding pictures will look like!!

Unknown  – (July 30, 2010 at 8:09 PM)  

I LOVE the railroad tracks set!!! These came out so great!

Post a Comment

Life is not a race, but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say 'Thank you', 'I love you', and 'Great job' to someone each day. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Take time for yourself - plan for longivity.











  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP