Our Weekend Adventures | Beth's Farm Stand | Blue Hill Fair

We hope that everyone has enjoyed the long WONDERFUL weekend!
Three and a half days off from the day job has been great!
To celebrate, we took some day trips to some great places, and places we have not been for a while.
Friday afternoon we took a trip down to Union to Beth's Farm Stand.  They have AMAZING produce!!
We always leave there with BAGS full.

And I have to tell you the corn.
OMG

Like OMG - so good!!
Everything is seasonal, and grown locally.
I love the bright colors!
It was these pumpkins that inspired me to take out the camers.

So, we had a break from the day trips on Satirday with a wonderful wedding at the Wentworth.
Then Sunday it was BACK TO BACK fair days.
I love the Blue Hill Fair
Bright colors.  Fair Food.
YUM!

I have an obsession with the ferris wheel...but have never ridden on one.
Probably never will!
Again, the bright colors always get me.

Brandi has a different appreciation of the fairs.
Honestly, before I met Brandi, I had never been to a fair.
Brandi use to hit ALL the fairs, showing cows.
Ryan - never got close to cows.
Brandi has no problems mucking stalls, caring for animals, taking them for a little walk around the fair.
Ryan - gets cow sneeze on him everytime he gets close to one.
Brandi is all about the fair.
Ryan is learning more and more about fair life, and loving it.
Case in point - I ate lunch not 12 inches from a cows butt today.

And I love the look of horses.
But - I am allergic.
And still sneezing.
It was SOOOOO worth it though.

It was so nice to spend some time with family at the fair.  See friends that we only see once a year.
Eat so much fair food only elastic waist pants fit anymore.

Until next year!

Keep coming back to the blog this week - we have A LOT to catch up on!!


______________________________________________-
Be our friend, tell us what you did this weekend

Alison Douglass  – (September 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM)  

You came all the way to union? Must be quite a place! Those are my stomping grounds from growing up:) Oh, and I snorted at your fair commentary and your cow butt shot:) Love the post!

Kari Cross –   – (September 7, 2010 at 5:23 AM)  

Ryan - you are too funny! You need to get on a ferris wheel!! Fabulous pictures, makes me want to go and get some yummy Beth's corn, then stop off to see some animals! Great job guys!

Post a Comment

Life is not a race, but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say 'Thank you', 'I love you', and 'Great job' to someone each day. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Take time for yourself - plan for longivity.











  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP