Wedding | Marbin & Whitney | Orrington Maine | Catch a Falling Star --- at the RECEPTION

I know, I know - punish us.
We have been blog slackers.
Big time.

There is a lot to catch up on! Like a lot.

First off - let's start off the week, and finish off Whitney & Marbin's fantastic wedding with the RECEPTION.
Boogie-on-down and all that stuff.

Held at the fabulous Jeff's Catering.


I gotta say - the DJ was quite the entertainer.
To kick the evening off - he gave Whitney a bowl - and made the announcement that she was no longer on the market, and that anyone who had a key to her apartment should bring it up and put it in the bowl.
Many showed up.
The bowl was passed to Marbin - and the same announcement was made.
And a key returned.
It was all in good fun of course! I'm pretty sure they were fake keys!

A beautiful toast!

Kicking off the first dance.

And the dance that always makes me cry.
Father Daughter dance.


Which ended with Whitney's father inviting up his new son in law to finish out the dance with his new wife.
More tears.
From me.


Mother Son.

Cake.
I don't have to say it.
Cake is good.
Ok, so I said it.


Did you read the title?
Do you get it?
If you attended the reception, you probably did.
For everyone else...

Whitney's dad takes the mic again - calls Whitney up to the dance floor to have her perform a dance, she use to do as a little girl.
To Catch a Fallen Star and put it in your Pocket.
Whitney did the dance.
The whole dance.
At her wedding!
WAY TO GO!
With a little support from the bridal party!


And we dance.



And we stop again.
For the shoe game.
I love the shoe game.
SO - again, if you were not at the reception, you might not know the shoe game, but anyway - the DJ asks you both a question - such as "who takes out the garbage?"
You are to raise the shoe of the person who takes out the garbage.
So if Brandi and I were playing the shoe game and the question was asked "who takes out the garbage?" We would both raise Brandi's shoe.

Fun game right.
If the question was "who vacuums the house?", we would both raise my shoe!

Yah, I love this game.

And the party continues.


Don't know who drew this.
But it's true.

Your wedding was RAWESOME!!

Alison Douglass  – (September 15, 2010 at 4:55 AM)  

love the whole thing, but the napkin? That so needs to be framed up for them- hope they kept it!!

Mommy Schreiber –   – (September 20, 2010 at 2:36 PM)  

I love the picture of you doing your dance, "Catch a falling star". The pictures of you and your Dad just melt me. I especially love the pictures of the both of you with the veil over your faces.

Post a Comment

Life is not a race, but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say 'Thank you', 'I love you', and 'Great job' to someone each day. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Take time for yourself - plan for longivity.











  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP