Day 16 -------------------------- Someone bring us an angel




Today's picture comes with a message. I got the news yesterday that my home town mill, also the place where my father works, and my mother use to work is closing for good. The reason for the closure is because the cost of oil is becoming too expensive for the organization to sustain. I have been looking at this from two angles recently. The first one is of a long time business major. I know that it isn't economically feasible for an organization that is spending more then they are making to operate efficiently. But then there is the family part of me. I am of course worried for my family and the other families in Millinocket that make a very comfortable income from the mill. I am not one that likes uncertainty, and this is a very uncertain situation. The only thing they know is the final date for the mill. Everyone seems to be talking about helping out the mill - namely the governor. Now, I know he did work very hard to find a buyer for the mill before, and yes that worked, but obviously only temporary. I just can't imagine that there is a way the state, which is struggling already can come to the rescue of an organization that only employees 200ish people and is spending WAY more then it can afford. If the governor could reduce the cost of oil, GREAT, that helps us all, if the president could reduce the cost of oil WAY TO GO, but I don't see any of that happening ANYTIME soon. It also makes me think of my own uncertainty. I work for a bank, everyone knows about the credit crunch, its no secret that banks are losing a lot of money to loan losses, and I also know that I work in a non-essential department. I just am worried all together. I know I have gone off on a tangent, and this blog isn't intended to express any political views, its really to share only pictures and maybe life stories. So anyway - here is today's picture. A guardian angel - and I am sending this to be with my family, and the other families in Millinocket.

Post a Comment

Life is not a race, but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say 'Thank you', 'I love you', and 'Great job' to someone each day. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Take time for yourself - plan for longivity.











  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP