Spring is in the Air


It seems like I have been spending less and less time writing in this blog, and even less and less time taking pictures. Spring is finally here in Maine, and the buds are out, the tulips and daffodils are out finally, spring is blooming and I am very excited. That also means that wedding season is beginning shortly. We have our first wedding coming right up on the 17th of this month. We met with the bride and her mother, and they are great! Brandi and I are very excited to be working with them, and more importantly are very excited to photograph a wedding.

On another business note, I think we are very close to being up and running on the local internet newspaper so that should get us much more exposure and hopefully book many more weddings so we can grow like we want to.

I have also been spending a little more time surfing the internet and being inspired by other photoraphers in the area. There is one photographer that I am completely facinated with her work, she shows such a passion for photography and her pictures are amazing. Another thing that I have noticed is many photographers are involved with a great project - Project 365. This is something where you must take a picture every single day and post it on your blog or website or wherever you post your photographs. I think this is something that I am going to attempt very shortly. I have challenged Brandi to do the same, or hopefully we can have a joint effort on this and each take a picture each day or trade off days. This way we would get to try out different techniques for photographing as well as practice more with photoshop and lighting.

Which brings me to the tie in for this whole post - we spent an afternoon with Brandi's parents and had a BBQ - this gave me an opportunity to go around the yard and photograph some of the spring flowers that had bloomed, and my whole purpose for this is to try out RAW format in my camera. It is a feature that I haven't tried before, and something I am not 100% comfortable with, but I took some photos, I think they came out well - I have posted one here. I really just need to become more comfortable with RAW because it is so versitle, and allows much more editing to take place. I would really like to try to start limiting my flash use, especially indoors. I am going to practice a little more and maybe shoot the upcoming wedding in half RAW, half JPEG, especially since the ceremony is inside and the pastor does not allow flash photography...eeeeek...


I will definatly be posting more, especially when I start Project 365 - I am going to do it - its just a matter of when.

Post a Comment

Life is not a race, but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say 'Thank you', 'I love you', and 'Great job' to someone each day. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Take time for yourself - plan for longivity.











  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP