Stella and the Peeps

If you follow me on facebook, you may have noticed a couple weeks ago that Stella's babies have hatched.
Who is Stella?

The bird who built her next above our front door.
Yup, right above the door.

Now Stella and I have bonded.  We share coffee, swap stories, she comes in an checks out the house.  She likes what we have done with the place - she should, after all she is living here rent free.

Well now the peeps have arrived!
So far, I have seen three of them.  There were 5 eggs, but I have not been able to get up to the nest to check them out.  I have tried, but I have to place a camera over the nest to get a good look, and the day I tried, the little camera's batteries were dead, it was too dark for my cell phone camera, and our good camera was too big!

So here are some shots from below!

There are two little peeps!
Look at those little cuties!!

I am not really appreciating the mess that Stella is making on the steps, but the peeps are cute!!
I am starting to bond with the babies - I say good morning to them every day and good night every night.  I have even caught Brandi out there having a little conversation with them.

They are the newest additions to our family!!
It will be sad when they finally fly away!

Alison Douglass  – (June 13, 2010 at 7:15 PM)  

Ok, I love this. Stella is cute and the peeps are adorable. It would make a great band name to boot!

Post a Comment

Life is not a race, but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say 'Thank you', 'I love you', and 'Great job' to someone each day. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Take time for yourself - plan for longivity.











  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP