Stuff That Makes Us Happy - Pens & Paper & Lists OH MY!

I have been rattling around in my head some ideas for general, non photo specific blog posts that we can share with everyone.
Well I have finally worked through all the details in my head, and we just want to share with you the things that make us happy!
Yah know - the raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens kind of things.
Hopefully we can get one or two posts a month up like this!!
Another reason that I wanted to share this is to show you the things we really like together.  If you just look at the he and she page we have a lot of opposite tastes, but there are many things that we just Love love love!

Who can resist a Sharpie?
I know I can't.  In fact I went to Staples yesterday to get some organizational "things" and came out with Sharpies.  They were a deal, what can I say?
So now they are proudly displayed in the new pen cup that I bought at Staples to help me get organized!
OH THE CHOICES!!!
I love 'um.  The fine point, the smell, the bright colors.
They write on anything - anywhere.
I might start signing my checks in Sharpies!!


But alas - you must have something to write on with a Sharpie.
Yup - what better medium then a POST IT!
Even better, a traditional yellow post it.
Another Staples deal yesterday that I could not live without!
Now they are conveniently displayed in the new Post It corral that I purchased to help me get organized!


And finally.
I am ashamed to admit it almost - you must combine the Sharpie and the Post it to make that PERFECT to-do list.
I have to admit, I was NOT a list person - like ever.
Then along comes Brandi.  The list Maker.
She converted me.

So this morning, I sat down at my newly organized desk and made not one, but two lists using my yellow Post Its and my teal Sharpie.
Could anything be more perfect?
So now I have a personal to do list and a photography to do list.
Time to get crackin I say.

Two more things.
Please do not judge my mis-spellings on the Post Its.
And --- Did you know ---
that you actually retain more information if you write it on a yellow sheet of paper.
That's why all my Post its are yellow.

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Alison Douglass  – (June 26, 2010 at 4:10 PM)  

Love sharpies! You joke about signing checks with them, but I use them to sign the back of my debit card so the signature doesn't wear off! Go you on the organization, I avoid post its like the plague, I only find them when they are stuck in places like my butt! lol

Post a Comment

Life is not a race, but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say 'Thank you', 'I love you', and 'Great job' to someone each day. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Take time for yourself - plan for longivity.











  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP