Just an Update

I haven't really just done an update on my life in the blog for a while so I just wanted to get out there and say some things. Overall things have been going very well, both personally and for the business. I have made some serious commitments and have grown the business a lot recently. I have really been making the upgrades to make me successful. The first major upgrade that is coming is yesterday - well last night I ordered Photoshop CS3 - Very exciting. I received an e-mail from Adobe about 2 weeks ago that was offering a killer deal on it, but the deal was expiring today the 31st, so I thought and thought and thought and finally did it. The software is usually about $700, but I was able to get it for $299 plus shipping, I really couldn't pass up that deal. So I am very excited to install that and use it. We have been talking about investing in a new PC as well for the business. I bought a laptop about 2 years ago I think that we were going to use exclusively for the business, but that didn't work out, we still have it but it has become increasingly personal now. So I Brandi really wants to invest in a new PC for the business. So I have been looking for the best deal on that. Also I have been doing a lot of reading on lighting and ways to improve my photos before we have non stop weddings and photo shoots. I we have Nikons for cameras, and Nikon has a pretty advanced lighting system with remote flashes and such, and I have one and love it, but I am looking to add another one to really enhance my photos, so I will be ordering a new one of those soon. Also I want to add a new lens to my collection, like I said before we have all Nikon equipment and love it, but the lens I am thinking of is a Sigma 105mm macro and portrait lens. I have heard a lot of great things about them and I think I am actually going to invest in it. I would really like to get all of these before our photo shoots coming up. We have a couple of family shoots coming up quickly. One of them if my cousin and her husband they want pictures of them with their motorcycles, my family is big into motorcycles, well everyone but me. I am very excited about this shoot because of the bike, and also because it will be in Millinocket and I haven't done one there before, there are so many great locations. The other photo shoot we have coming up is a family shoot. I am also very excited about that because I will get to practice some more "fun" posing techniques. I know the family through a friend and this family is very animated and it should be a great shoot. I am excited that I will get to share all these with everyone. I guess that's a good business update for now.

I was going to wait to share this information in the blog because I thought it might be a little pre-mature and might jinx me, but I need something to do at work so I am deciding to share it. Today I went to talk to a loan officer about a home purchase and to get the paperwork started. I went to Blue Hill to get everything taken care of and while I was speaking with my loan officer she asked me where I was from and I told her Millinocket. She said that she use to go there with her family because they needed to fly into a remote hunting camp. She said they always went to the flying service. I told her that my grandfather built the flying service. She said her pilot was Chink LeGassey, who was my grandfather. I was totally shocked to hear her mention him. Its such a small world. What is even more of a coincidence is that he passed away 17 years ago today. So I left the mortgage office and went to the realtor to put a counter offer in on the home that I want to purchase. My realtor called the owners and they verbally accepted my offer which is very exciting, all we have to do is get the papers signed and we are under contract. I just kept thinking that because of the connection with my grandfather that he is watching over me and giving me his blessing to purchase a home and move on with this. It brings tears to my eyes everytime I think about it. It really feels like a sign that this was meant to be. Almost every night I have been praying to God to bless me in this purchase and help me make the right decision, and I think today was my sign. I have been praying a lot lately and it really helps me. God is going to help me get through this I know it. The love I have for Brandi is going to get me through this too.

Anyway those are my thoughts and what is happening in my life currently. I hope I didn't bore you with it.

I will be post today's picture tomorrow, or maybe later tonight when I get home, we shall see.

Post a Comment

Life is not a race, but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say 'Thank you', 'I love you', and 'Great job' to someone each day. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Take time for yourself - plan for longivity.











  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP