Out with the Old and In with the New ----- DOOR

Three years ago, Brandi and I moved to Bucksport, and only after living here a year, we decided that this was the place that we wanted to lay down some roots - move into town permently...

Buy a House.
A fix your own problems, no landlord to come make repairs house.

Problem - Ryan can only fix dinner.

Luckly for us - Ryan's Dad - can fix, build, repair, replace, create from nothing, just about ANYTHING.
YAY!

In all honesty - I have no idea what we would do without my parents.  They have helped us in so many ways around the house - from moving in and cleaning to general repairs, replacing doors, painting, changing trim, everything - they have done it all for us.  And for that we are greatful.

My parents arrive with their usual crew of helpers, watchers and opinion givers to replace the front storm door of our house.  We have had this planned for a while, and actually had the door purchased for a year now. 
And construction begins!
And Brandi and I head off to photograph a wedding!

Here is the house before.
(cute huh?)
With a close up of the crappy aluminum storm door.
Not cute.

See, we even have the talavera pottery right out front too!!
Anyway.
Are you ready for the after?


Are you sure?
Do you want to see the before again?
No?
Ok!










AFTER!!
Yah, big difference already!

And a close up of the AWESOME door.
Seriously, my father can do anything.
Love love love it!

Oh yah, and it's clean too.
My mother must of done that!  THANKS MOM!

Funny story before I let you leave.  Jonah actually has his bed right behind this door.  So being the thoughful dog father that I am I open the red door so he can
A) Look out the door and
B) get some sun.

What does he do?  Get's so excited - he runs head first into the door and konks himself on the noggin.
Too funny!

Thanks again Dad for putting the door on for us, and mom for washing it!

Kari Cross –   – (August 11, 2010 at 3:22 AM)  

Oh my goodness, you are too funny Ryan! The door looks great!

Meredith  – (August 11, 2010 at 6:35 AM)  

Ah! Your house is downright adorable! I love the progress, but I'd love to see even more of your cute house! Thanks for sharing!

Alison Douglass  – (August 11, 2010 at 8:30 AM)  

Yay for parents:) It looks great. I always marvel at what one small change can do for a house. So is it covered with lots of Jonah prints by now?

Post a Comment

Life is not a race, but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say 'Thank you', 'I love you', and 'Great job' to someone each day. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Take time for yourself - plan for longivity.











  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP